Wrapped Couture is a Custom Gift Basket Company where every basket is "Delightfully Filled...and Especially Yours".

I'm also a seasoned event planner and designer. I love everything about weddings and I hope to provide inspiration to help plan your wedding day. Through daily tips, images that I love, or events that I have done or feature, I hope to answer questions or help along the way to your journey to getting married or helping your bride and grooms! I'm fortunate to do exactly what I love!

Jun 23, 2011

Incorporating History Into Our Future

I grew up in the decade of the 70’s and truly hating everything about the fashion, but there were a few pieces of jewelry and family pieces that my grandmother had given me that I absolutely adored that made it worthwhile.  I just loved playing in my grandmother's jewelry box!  Today, brides are choosing to incorporate Vintage fashion into their wedding day; just to incorporate their family heirlooms, pay tribute to family members, or simply because they love the fashion of the past.
Image Courtesy of NunnBetterDesign.Blogspot.com and KristaMason.com
I remember telling my mother that I couldn’t wait for the decade to be over so people could stop wearing the crazy clothes.  I recall her telling me that at some point the past would all come back in style and I would see it (the past) all over again.  I honestly thought she was crazy but she was so right!  Now, I love seeing how brides incorporate the old with the new; the modern with the classic and create something that so elegant, unique, and totally them.
Image  Courtesy of Glitzy-N-Glamorous.com

Image Courtesy of BarnesWeddings.co.uk
Whether we're inspired by our grandmother's jewelry, lace, or grandfather's car, it's always nice when we can pay tribute and incorporate history into our future.

No comments:

Post a Comment