Wrapped Couture is a Custom Gift Basket Company where every basket is "Delightfully Filled...and Especially Yours".

I'm also a seasoned event planner and designer. I love everything about weddings and I hope to provide inspiration to help plan your wedding day. Through daily tips, images that I love, or events that I have done or feature, I hope to answer questions or help along the way to your journey to getting married or helping your bride and grooms! I'm fortunate to do exactly what I love!

Jul 14, 2011

Handkerchiefs~The Family Heirloom

Sometimes having a piece of the past helps us step into the future.  Often times that piece of the past is a handkerchief that’s been passed down by our loved ones.  We may choose to incorporate into our bouquet or attach it to the wedding dress, if you’re the bride or hold it in the breast pocket of the tuxedo, if you’re the groom.

Image Courtesy of ShawnRabideauEvents.Blogspot.com
Image Courtesy of Blog.BellaGala.com

It can hold some sense of comfort and security and bring a certain level of calmness when it’s our turn to walk down the aisle.  When a loved one has passed on or if mom carried it on her wedding day, to be able to carry on the tradition and add sentiment to your wedding day is an honor.  Besides, we are always looking to incorporate that “something old.”

Image Courtesy of PravadaPhotography.com 
Image Courtesy of PravadaPhotography.com

I spent a lot of time with my grandmother as a child, teenager, and young adult; we were so close.  She was like a second mother to me.  She always carried a lace trimmed handkerchief with her at church on Sundays, to wipe away her tears.  Although, I’ve never been married, I’d like to carry one of her handkerchiefs with me on my wedding day and hopefully pass it down to my daughter as well.  Sometimes the presence of someone is all we need to move forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment