I visited a colleagues blog, Jenna of Littlebit Heart, and was pleasantly surprised to find that she has written a post on "15 Things We Didn't Know About Her", which has inspired me to write this post. I'm a very private person and it takes quite a bit for me to open up and become comfortable enough to do so. When I mention certain things to people, they always come back with "I didn't know that" or "I never knew that" so I figured this was the perfect opportunity to enlighten some with who I am and what makes me "tick" per se'.
|Image Courtesy of Olan Mills|
From long hair to short hair, I still look the same.
|Image Courtesy of Olan Mills|
|Image Via Mobile Phone|
- I LOVE to cook and experiment with food, especially pastries. In high school, I used to bake and sell homemade cookies to my classmates (my first bite of the entrepreneurial bug). I was forced to stop when the cookies in the cafeteria began to go unsold because mine began to sell out before second period! I took EVERY cooking class that school had to offer and I also wanted to be a chef right out of high school but my family didn't agree with my career choice so I turned down my full scholarship to Johnson & Wales University in Providence, Rhode Island.
- Since I didn't follow my true love, I followed someone else's and joined the medical field. I'm a Registered Medical Assistant and I have a 13 yr background in the medical field. My undergrad degree in is Health Care Administration because I prefer to wear a suit and stilettos instead of scrubs and sneakers. Although medicine came naturally, I had to follow my dream and passion, so my MBA has a concentration in Entrepreneurship.
- Because of my background in medicine, I have a fondness to pens!!! Like Jenna, I like to write with my "favorite" one at the moment and will only use that one until I choose another. I carry my pen with me and will even sign the receipts with it at the check out line. I'm often laughed at, but I don't care! :-)
- I love TV and some of my favorite shows are medical shows, like Grey's Anatomy, and Private Practice. I also love the cooking shows like Top Chef, Iron Chef, Chopped, Cupcake Wars, and the list goes on. Don't get me started on the wedding shows!! Let's just say, I watch ALL of them EXCEPT Bridezilla!!
- I have over 100 pair of shoes but only 2 of them are flats and I keep them all in their original boxes. To me, there is just something different about the stiletto that says power, and from an early age, I have loved high heels. What girl doesn't??? I graduated high school with 96 pair of shoes and was devastated when I wast told that I wasn't able to take them all to college with me.
- I secretly want to be a model for a day because I love my smile and I think I have a nice enough fave at the age of 39!!!! Whether my hair is long or short or if I'm wearing my glasses or not, my appearance is unmistakable. I had the opportunity to do so at a the open house of a Randi L Moore's bridal gown salon. I had a blast! To see the photos go here.
- I'm a hopeless romantic!!! I truly believe in love and feels that, in most cases, love can conquer all. I got into planning weddings because I always dreamed of my own and always had an eye for the details. I've always liked putting parties together and wanted to be a part of someone's special day. There's no more of a romantic party to plan than a wedding!
- I'm an avid reader. I've been reading since middle school and if the book is good, I can read the entire book in one day. My children love to read and still love to go to the library. They too can read a book in a day. You'll find lots a books in my house as my dream is to have my own library in my home.
- My absolute favorite place to be is the beach. The water has always been my place of solace. So naturally, my favorite vacation spots have water nearby. Too bad I don't know how to swim!! That's on my to-do list for 2012
- I love to dance! My goal is to learn a few ballroom dances, especially the Rumba. This is my favorite of all of the ballroom dances and the most sensual. This is the dance I plan to do as my first dance when ever I get married.
- I love the sound of the rain but I hate to be out in it. I have a CD titled "Thunderstorms" and when I have trouble sleeping, I pop it in and fall right to sleep. Sometimes it sounds so real that I have to look outside to see if it's really raining, lighting, and thundering. LOL
- Spring is my favorite season. The warmth of the winter is slowly fading and new life is beginning with the blossoming flowers. Since a little girl, I love the gentle breeze that kisses my cheek and always thought that God was planting soft kisses and assuring me that everything was going to be just fine. I still feel this way today!