Wrapped Couture is a Custom Gift Basket Company where every basket is "Delightfully Filled...and Especially Yours".

I'm also a seasoned event planner and designer. I love everything about weddings and I hope to provide inspiration to help plan your wedding day. Through daily tips, images that I love, or events that I have done or feature, I hope to answer questions or help along the way to your journey to getting married or helping your bride and grooms! I'm fortunate to do exactly what I love!

Jun 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day

Father’s Day has always been a little bitter sweet for me but I focus more on the sweet.  I didn’t know who my father was until I was 16 years old; right before I graduated from high school.  When he came into my life, I instantly gravitated towards him and became a sponge.  It was something that people didn’t understand, but I was happy to have him in my life.  The lessons he taught me, I was quick learn and have retained to this very day.  I felt they were important and that I had to make up for lost time somehow.  Now, 22 years later, you'll often here me cite something that my father has taught me.

At wedding receptions, the Father-Daughter dances get to me every time.  That’s the one moment that's sure to get me teary eyed or actually have me shedding a tear or two.  I’m always anxious to see what song the bride has picked out for her and her dad to dance to and how they will interact on the dance floor.  I’ve never been married before but I have a daughter and I see the bond between a father and daughter; and it’s even more wonderful to see when it’s time to give her away to someone else.

Image Courtesy of AislinnKate.com

Image Courtesy of CharlotteGeary.com

Image Courtesy of WeddingPlanningPlus-Shannon.Blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment