Wrapped Couture is a Custom Gift Basket Company where every basket is "Delightfully Filled...and Especially Yours".

I'm also a seasoned event planner and designer. I love everything about weddings and I hope to provide inspiration to help plan your wedding day. Through daily tips, images that I love, or events that I have done or feature, I hope to answer questions or help along the way to your journey to getting married or helping your bride and grooms! I'm fortunate to do exactly what I love!

Jun 16, 2011

New Traditions at the Alter

Instead of the just the unity candle, sand ceremony, or tasting of the four elements, lately brides and grooms have begun to also show their commitment to each other by locking a few treasures into a treasure chest or box until a pre-selected anniversary.


I recently saw a wedding video where the bride and groom each wrote letters to each other and had their parents hand write letters to them too.  As they exchanged vows, the bride and groom put their letters, along with their parents’ letters, along with a bottle of their favorite bottle of wine, into their treasure box, to be opened on the anniversary of their choosing.

Image Courtesy of Etsy
Image Courtesy of ChristiWilliamsPhotography.com
I think it’s a great sentiment and a great way to remind each other of what brought you to each other in the first place.  I think love is precious and often taken for granted.  The treasure box is definitely a way to keep a piece of your wedding day just a little bit closer than your wedding album.  You can even put a little of your sand ceremony in there as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment