Wrapped Couture is a Custom Gift Basket Company where every basket is "Delightfully Filled...and Especially Yours".

I'm also a seasoned event planner and designer. I love everything about weddings and I hope to provide inspiration to help plan your wedding day. Through daily tips, images that I love, or events that I have done or feature, I hope to answer questions or help along the way to your journey to getting married or helping your bride and grooms! I'm fortunate to do exactly what I love!

Oct 29, 2012

A Gift Basket For A Former NBA Player

Many people don't associate giving baskets with men when it comes to giving the perfect gift.  That's one of the reasons why I love getting orders for a male basket.  Gift baskets don't have to be all frilly with big bows and full of spa-like items.  The gift basket for today's Men's Monday post was put together to celebrate the accomplishment of a former NBA player. 

Because he had everything, his sister wanted it filled with all of his favorite things (a gift card for his favorite smoothie place, his favorite lotion, a night to the movies and his favorite candy).  I'm always trying to think of ways to think outside of the box and in ways that others may not.  Since he started a non-profit organization for at-risk youth, here in Atlanta and lives in California, but always tries to make ways to remain active in the organization and the lives of the students.  I suggested that I get a journal and have all of the current students write a note to congratulation him on his accomplishment and thank him for all that he's done for them through the center that they come to every day.  I had even gotten some of the parents and past students to sign the journal as well.

Image via Mobile Phone
I shipped the gift basket to California in time for the celebration and it was a huge surprise to him and his family.  The "gift basket" was even chosen because it looked like a little treasure chest so he could keep up with other treasures that mean something to him.

1 comment:

  1. Nice! Ladies have to remember the fellas like receiving these special gifts too. I love the treasure chest!

    ReplyDelete